Contact Us Or Book An Appointment Online
Enderun Colleges 1100 Campus Avenue, McKinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig, 1634 Metro Manila
Tel: +632 8569 5646
Tel: +632 8569 5644
WHAT IS PHOA AND ITS PURPOSE?
The PHILIPPINE HOTEL OWNERS ASSOCIATION is a membership-based, by-invitation-only with members comprised of 70 hotel owners with around 300 hotels nationwide.
PHOA, founded in 1977, is a non-stock, non-profit organization whose primary objective is to bring together those in the accommodation industry from hotels, resorts, and service apartments. The organization was created to protect and promote their common interests and concerns, pooling together talents and resources for the members’ common good and the development of the accommodation industry.
The association’s primary purpose is to ensure the advancement and competitive advantage of the hotel industry for the country’s economic growth and to ensure a better life for Filipinos working in the hotel accommodations industry.
HOW MUCH IS THE JOINING MEMBERSHIP FEE?
- ACCEPTANCE FEE (One-Time)
- Corporate Membership P 30,000
(Owning companies with two or more hotels/resorts/residences properties)
- Individual Membership P 15,000
(Owning companies with one hotel/resort/residence property)
- ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP DUES
To be paid annually in January; new members coming in during the year will pay on a pro-rata basis.
- Corporate Membership with over five (5) properties, additional property/ies will be included as Member at no charge, for as long as the property/ies are owned or managed by the same corporate entity.
P 20,000 per hotel/resort/residence property, but not to exceed P 100,000
- Individual Membership per hotel/resort/residences property P30,000
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- Letter of invitation will be sent to the hotel owner with all relevant information.
- The hotel owner needs to fill out the membership form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org as a sign of acceptance of the membership invitation.
- PHOA, on receipt of the form, sends out a Statement of Account for the acceptance fee and the annual dues.
- Membership is confirmed only upon receipt of payment.
- PHOA sends an official welcome to the hotel owner and includes his contact details in our database for future Bulletins, Circulars, Meetings, and Events.
Please allow the check to be payable to Philippine Hotel Owners Association Inc. You may call the Secretariat office at telephone number +632 8569 5646; +632 8569 5644 for payment to be picked up.
WHAT ARE PHOA’S PROGRAMS?
Our major areas of concern are:
- Investments and Incentives
- Education and Capacity-Building
The association’s work covers areas of Government Legislation, Ease of Doing Business, Tax Incentives, Investments, Labor, Pricing, Accreditation, Disaster Resilience, Sustainability, Risk Management, Greening, Environment, Data Privacy, Education/Training, Management, and Data and Research.
PHOA informs its members on various legislation where hotels need to comply with. It also monitors Senate and Congress bills that may have an adverse effect on the industry.
We successfully collaborated with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Department of Tourism (DOT) the signing of DOLE Department Order 206, Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) for RA 11360, or the Service Charge Law. We likewise lobbied hard, together with ECOP, on the Security of Tenure (SOT) Bill which was vetoed by President Rodrigo Duterte.
Investments and Incentives
PHOA was the first association in the tourism industry private sector to have our own Roadmap, submitted January 2017 to the Departments of Finance, Trade and Industry, Tourism, and the Board of Investments. We continuously review and update our recommendations.
Add disaster resilience here
Education and Capacity-Building
We have trained 250 safety officers on the Basic Occupational Safety and Health (BOSH) Program conducted by the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Center of the Department of Labor and Employment.
This is as mandated by the DOLE Department Order No 198.
List of other training programs are enclosed in ____.
WHAT ARE PHOA’s KEY STRATEGIC AREAS?
- Government Policies and Regulations to review, suggest, formulate, and implement government policies and regulations that are favorable to the hotel investors.
- Membership Satisfaction to ensure that the members’ expectations and professional needs are served in terms of timely and regular dissemination of information, opportunities for formal meetings, and informal gatherings to develop camaraderie among the members, and consistent communications.
- Training and Education to ensure that hotel owners, management, and personnel are in the loop with the industry’s current trends through various training programs and seminars.
- Organization to maintain a secretariat to handle the association’s operations and undertake the necessary networking with appropriate government and private sector agencies.
- Standards Setting to ensure that international standard-benchmarks are set for all areas needed by hotel investors, i.e., hotel classification, disaster resilience, greening, value chain transformation, human resource management, data, and research