Offering you a chance to be part of the singular voice that represents every segment of the hotel accommodations industry including major chains, independent hotels, industry partners, and more.
Be a part of the growing hotel industry.
Hotels have been the heart of the tourism community across the country. Create endless possibilities by strengthening our communities and industries in the Philippines.
Be one of the unifying voices in the industry.
From major global brands to independent businesses, PHOA provides a singular voice that brings together the industry’s diverse constituents.
Grow your brand and your business.
Be part of the growing organization that offers dynamic opportunities for upward mobility in communities around the country to help create jobs and boost local economies.
The Association was founded in 1977 by a group of hotel owners. PHOA, by virtue of being the largest group of hotel investors, developers and owners, with over 300 major dues-paying members, is the voice of the accommodation sector. It is an advocacy group to protect the financial interest of hotel owners. It allows its general membership to be heard by the government lawmakers and executive departments on policy issues and unfair legislation that affect the viability of the hotel industry.
Membership is by invitation only and for hotels duly accredited or whose accreditation is in process with the Department of Tourism. Information on our membership categories, benefits and fees, are available for download.
The association’s work covers areas of Government Legislation, Ease of Doing Business, Tax Incentives, Investments, Labor, Pricing, Accreditation, Disaster Resilience, Sustainability, Risk Management, Greening, Environment, Data Privacy, Education/Training, Management, and Data and Research.
During this time of the pandemic where the hotels have been affected tremendously, the association continues to work for the interest of the members. Close coordination with the Overseas Workers Welfare Authority (OWWA) for the arriving repatriates has provided our NCR hotels an opportunity to survive. We introduced various systems to improve process flow between OWWA and our hotels.
Meanwhile we continue to offer our members training programs and webinars. We recently concluded the webinar on Ventilation Guidelines for the Workplace, and we will be training 150 safety officers on the Basic Occupational Safety and Health Program of the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Center of the Department of Labor and Employment.
We successfully collaborated with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Department of Tourism (DOT) the signing of DOLE Department Order 206, Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) for RA 11360, or the Service Charge Law. We likewise lobbied hard, together with ECOP, on the Security of Tenure (SOT) Bill which was vetoed by President Rodrigo Duterte.
Being the first in the tourism industry private sector to have our own Roadmap, submitted January 2017 to the Departments of Finance, Trade and Industry, Tourism, and the Board of Investments, we are continuously reviewing and updating our recommendations.
We communicate regularly with our Members through Bulletins and Circulars. We organize lectures, meetings, fora and our General Membership Meeting/s to keep our members informed and to hear responses & concerns of our members.
Get started on your membership here!
For independent or individual hoteliers, we give our members the platform to join their colleagues, allies, and industry leader to contribute to the future of the Philippine hotel industry. Download and email us your accomplished application form.
As a national association that represents hotel owners in the Philippines, corporate members will have the chance to be part of a unified voice that advocates issues critical to the future of the hotel industry. Download and email us your accomplished application form.
WHAT IS PHOA AND ITS PURPOSE?
The PHILIPPINE HOTEL OWNERS ASSOCIATION is a membership-based, by-invitation-only with members comprised of 70 hotel owners with around 300 hotels nationwide.
PHOA, founded in 1977, is a non-stock, non-profit organization whose primary objective is to bring together those in the accommodation industry from hotels, resorts, and service apartments. The organization was created to protect and promote their common interests and concerns, pooling together talents and resources for the members’ common good and the development of the accommodation industry.
The association’s primary purpose is to ensure the advancement and competitive advantage of the hotel industry for the country’s economic growth and to ensure a better life for Filipinos working in the hotel accommodations industry.
HOW MUCH IS THE JOINING MEMBERSHIP FEE?
- ACCEPTANCE FEE (One-Time)
- Corporate Membership P 30,000
(Owning companies with two or more hotels/resorts/residences properties)
- Individual Membership P 15,000
(Owning companies with one hotel/resort/residence property)
- ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP DUES
To be paid annually in January; new members coming in during the year will pay on a pro-rata basis.
- Corporate Membership with over five (5) properties, additional property/ies will be included as Member at no charge, for as long as the property/ies are owned or managed by the same corporate entity.
P 20,000 per hotel/resort/residence property, but not to exceed P 100,000
- Individual Membership per hotel/resort/residences property P30,000
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- Letter of invitation will be sent to the hotel owner with all relevant information.
- The hotel owner needs to fill out the membership form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org as a sign of acceptance of the membership invitation.
- PHOA, on receipt of the form, sends out a Statement of Account for the acceptance fee and the annual dues.
- Membership is confirmed only upon receipt of payment.
- PHOA sends an official welcome to the hotel owner and includes his contact details in our database for future Bulletins, Circulars, Meetings, and Events.
Please allow the check to be payable to Philippine Hotel Owners Association Inc. You may call the Secretariat office at telephone number +632 8569 5646; +632 8569 5644 for payment to be picked up.
WHAT ARE PHOA’S PROGRAMS?
PHOA Programs cover areas of:
- Investments and Incentives
- Advocacy and Partnerships
- Capacity Building
- Membership Events
WHAT ARE PHOA’s KEY STRATEGIC AREAS?
- Government Policies and Regulations to review, suggest, formulate, and implement government policies and regulations that are favorable to the hotel investors.
- Membership Satisfaction to ensure that the members’ expectations and professional needs are served in terms of timely and regular dissemination of information, opportunities for formal meetings, and informal gatherings to develop camaraderie among the members, and consistent communications.
- Training and Education to ensure that hotel owners, management, and personnel are in the loop with the industry’s current trends through various training programs and seminars.
- Organization to maintain a secretariat to handle the association’s operations and undertake the necessary networking with appropriate government and private sector agencies.
- Standards Setting to ensure that international standard-benchmarks are set for all areas needed by hotel investors, i.e., hotel classification, disaster resilience, greening, value chain transformation, human resource management, data, and research